You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

missing brush cursor in the Affinity Photo for iPad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
53 minutes ago, SeniorCoconut said:

@Cecil it works for me like this too, but i would like to see brush at all times, for a visual reference while painting, especially because i change sizes constantly

I use Apple Pencil and as soon as I place near screen to paint I see my brush. I am missing "at all time" implies.  I can change brush size without the brush cursor vanishing from screen.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

1 minute ago, SeniorCoconut said:

@Cecil i use apple pencil too.

Like in your video, first you choose brush size, little circle indicates that, but then it disappears when you start painting, i would like it to stay even when i am painting, like in photoshop, preferably with shape of brush it self

No settings to change shape to brush, in setting that I can locate, so I don't think that is a bug.  My circle remains and while painting I can can brush size with finger and circle remains as size changes.  Please pst a screen recording if you wish to demonstrate the bug. Be Safe.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to recommend Affinity photo when it came out. Switched to photo editing on my iPad and gave it a try recently. 

It blows my mind that such a basic feature has been omitted, even more when it’s been requests! Blatant disregard for its users. Completely disconnected to try to implement new “advanced” features when something as basic as having the brush size visible prevents the App from being usable on an iPad! 

It shouldn’t wait until a new version, it should be fixed this week! 

• 1 month later...

This issue is still there in v2. I agree with everyone that this is a very basic requirement. When painting or erasing or using any function that requires a brush, we should be able to see the brush size. Also, it’s softness right as we paint with the brush.

Edited by Mohsin

• 2 weeks later...