You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Last used filter at top of filter list with Keyboard Shortcut.

Title says it all, really. I am going through a stack of images all of which have to go through Portrait Pro and I have to go Filters>Plugins>Anthropics>PortraitPro. If I could Press Ctrl+L (or some other shortcut) and it would pop up the last used filter (as PS does) that would be nice.

Thanks!

Phil

PhilRose  0606.jpg

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

18 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

(as PS does)

I got the impression, that Serif/Affinity is very proud of their products (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qCoaTJK-e0 )
Therefore I guess, they might perhaps be less happy about feedback like "I want this feature because competitive product XX has it too.."

Allow me to suggest this:
How about an empty panel where you can place your favorite, most used commands in?
or perhaps this panel populates itself? (AI?) by monitoring the application-usage?
perhaps the user may lock some of those automatically learned "most-used" Commands against being overwritten by AI?

Since I am not sure if I can explain my idea properly:
Think of it like the ribbon-bar in MS Word where you can create your own ribbons containing your favorite commands..

kind regards
Fritz

On Windows the repeat last filter shortcut is CTRL+ALT+F

Not sure if it will work for a plug-in as I don't have any but you may as well try it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

On Windows the repeat last filter shortcut is CTRL+ALT+F

Not sure if it will work for a plug-in as I don't have any but you may as well try it

But each image that is open will have its own "last filter". The OP wants to apply the same filter to several images, so the "Repeat Last Filter" approach won't work. It only works to run the same filter again on the same image.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

52 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

But each image that is open will have its own "last filter". The OP wants to apply the same filter to several images, so the "Repeat Last Filter" approach won't work. It only works to run the same filter again on the same image.

Good point, I had not considered that

Maybe a macro would work

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:08 AM, Fritz_H said:

I got the impression, that Serif/Affinity is very proud of their products (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qCoaTJK-e0 )
Therefore I guess, they might perhaps be less happy about feedback like "I want this feature because competitive product XX has it too.."

Allow me to suggest this:
How about an empty panel where you can place your favorite, most used commands in?
or perhaps this panel populates itself? (AI?) by monitoring the application-usage?
perhaps the user may lock some of those automatically learned "most-used" Commands against being overwritten by AI?

Since I am not sure if I can explain my idea properly:
Think of it like the ribbon-bar in MS Word where you can create your own ribbons containing your favorite commands..

kind regards
Fritz

I'm pretty sure that Serif are hoping to get photographers to switch from other, more successful products to theirs. Now, I think about which product might be more successful than AP that they might want to persuade people to switch from and I come up with, hmm, I know, Photoshop! How happy or otherwise they are isn't really that much of a concern for me. And I am pretty sure a corporation like Serif is made of sterner stuff than you are giving them credit for. 

If anyone from Serif read my original post and would like to come out with an official statement from the company that they would rather NOT hear from people what elements of a more successful program would help to keep people as their customers because it hurts their feelings they're welcome to do so.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

2 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

(...) How happy or otherwise they are isn't really that much of a concern for me.

hi @Phil_rose 
Serif seems to try hard to produce more than just a "Photoshop-Clone".
Therefore I guess a diplomatic approach at "requesting features" might be successful since in the end its Serif´s decision whether or not they listen to our suggestions.
It´s OK for me, if we do not agree on that, but...

...based on the input from @walt.farrell I think my idea of a fully customizable (applicationwide) panel might to be a valid solution to your request...

kind regards
Fritz

1 minute ago, Fritz_H said:

based on the input from @walt.farrell I think my idea of a fully customizable (applicationwide) panel might to be a valid solution to your request...

But I don't think there are any application-wide panels today, Fritz. Everything is specific to the active document window, as far as I know.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 months later...

This feature is already present in the App version, on my iPad I find a little icon bottom left which apply the last filter used, it's ideal beacuse there's no need to go to some menu... I can't find that option in the desktop version though...