You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong shape filled in when subtracting two vector shapes

tobys-brain

So, my problem seems to be occurring during both adding and subtracting Boolean functions. I will attempt to explain. In one instance, I created a shape that overlapped another shape and attempted to combine them using “add” (I’ve tried this both with winding and unwinding checked). All of the nodes combine into a single layer, but only one of the shapes will fill in with color. 

Similarly, when trying to subtract a smaller shape from a larger shape using “subtract”, again trying with both winding and then unwinding checked, I’ve had all the nodes from both shapes still be present on one layer (so they successfully combined) but the smaller shape is the one filled in, rather than the larger (I’m trying to punch a hole in the larger shape).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Toby

39 minutes ago, tobys-brain said:

All of the nodes combine into a single layer, but only one of the shapes will fill in with color. 

Possibly the same issue as here?

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

That wasn’t supposed to post like that. 

What I was trying to say is that after trying to add two shapes, based on some comments in that other thread, I started inspecting to see if I had any overlapping nodes. I found that every node on the infilled shaped was doubled now. I could select each node one by one and move it around and there was still the original node in its original place. After moving the duplicate node around, the space between them would fill the way it should be. I could go around one by one deleting the duplicate nodes, but that’s not efficient. I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I’m screwing something up. Sometimes the functions work, sometimes this happens. The fact that every node on the infilled portion is doubled should be an indication of something, I just don’t know what.

Thanks,
Toby.  

• 2 weeks later...