You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version finale 1.8

The date is not known, and the standard answer is that it will be released when it is ready.

Serif is still adding features to 1.8 and fixing bugs in all 3 applications. All the applications need to be finished and tested for all the operating systems that support them, so they can all be released at the same time. We have not seen any beta releases of Designer or Photo yet for Mac or iOS.

My guess is it will be at least 2 to 3 months, but that is purely a guess.

Merry Christmas, Alain.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 minutes ago, coque.regis said:

To coplete this, can you tell me how the update process happens within affinity? Does it auto update? Do we have to check from time to time? is there a button inside the app to check?

That depends on which OS you run, and which store you purchased your application from.

On Windows, if you purchased from the Windows Store, I think it may update automatically, or may notify you to update. If you purchased directly from Serif you'll be notified that an update is available when you next start the application, and will be directed to the proper location to download the update and install it manually.

You can also click here to follow the announcement topic where Serif announces new releases.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

On 12/24/2019 at 7:23 AM, walt.farrell said:

That depends on which OS you run, and which store you purchased your application from.

On Windows, if you purchased from the Windows Store, I think it may update automatically, or may notify you to update. If you purchased directly from Serif you'll be notified that an update is available when you next start the application, and will be directed to the proper location to download the update and install it manually.

You can also click here to follow the announcement topic where Serif announces new releases.

What if I checked the box "do not show this again" ?

Because I did that and I no longer get the window that pops up during start up. 

I use Designer on two laptops and I believe one is updated while the other is not. Please Help.

You don't need to show the Welcome Screen. The update popup is separate, and you have no control over it.

As for your two laptops, Help > About will tell you what version each is running. If one has not updated, I can't comment further unless you say which store you used to purchase Designer.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.