Dlighter

[Fixed] Issue with Google NIK filters

Hi, I've been using the NIK/ Google filter collection for quite a while now with PS and GraphicConverter. When I try to open the plug ins in AP they claim to be in demo mode. Any ideas? Thanks PS: Great app btw.

post-13966-0-66573100-1436688090_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't. When I reeinstalled the NiK collection I could not install it straight for AP. It's greyed out. Well, I than deleted the selected path to the PS plugin folder in the settings of AP and copied the whole folder with the Nik collection into the plugin folder of PA. Than I restarted PA and I can choose the plugins from the menu, unfortunately still in demo mode. So PA recognizes the Google / Nik filter collection but something else is going wrong. Remember I can use it in PS and in GraphicConverter without that issue. Thank you very much anyway.

Hi, I've been using the NIK/ Google filter collection for quite a while now with PS and GraphicConverter. When I try to open the plug ins in AP they claim to be in demo mode. Any ideas? Thanks PS: Great app btw.

Same here. I tried several things but the problem persists...

Hi, I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Could you explain, what exactly we have to set in the settings menu under the PS plug in tab, please. To be honest, I have no idea, what the "/" means in this case and how to set it. Thanks

This is available in the help file for Affinity Photo if you need to refer in the future 

1. From the PhotoShop Plugins tab, under the Plugin support folders box, click Add Folder.
  2. Press G to bring up the Go to the folder input box.
  3. Type '/'.
  4. Press Go.
  5. Press OK.
  6. Press Close.
  7. Restart Affinity Photo for the changes to take effect.

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Wonderful! Thank you very much! The only thing - you have to press "Shift-Command-G" not only "G". Now it works. Cool. Thanks again PS: the Viveza plugin does not work and AP crashes. The other plugins work.  :-)

Wonderful! Thank you very much! The only thing - you have to press "Shift-Command-G" not only "G". Now it works. Cool. Thanks again PS: the Viveza plugin does not work and AP crashes. The other plugins work.  :-)

Sounds great. May I ask which folder you've selected that Affinity finds the Nik plugins? I tried the Nick Collection folder of Programs, I tried the Plugin folder for Aperture, nothing works, they don't show up. 

Ok, problem solved. I reinstalled Nik Collection, added a folder to the programs for the PS-Plugins to be created, and now they show up.

Yesterday, I installed the Google Nik filters to a new folder and included "/" which both appeared in the appropriate separate sections of the Photoshop plugins tab under Preferences in Affinity Photo.  3 of them, Analog Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4 and Silver Efex Pro 2 launch and work perfectly fine but, with the rest, Dfine 2 for example, I get this dialogue box: Dfine 2 was not able to able to apply the noise reduction (or, in the case of another plugin, something else) to a separate layer. (Note: I had only opened a flattened jpeg to test if the plugins would work) The noise reduction effect will be applied to the active layer. (Note: I converted a RAW file to a tiff and got the same dialogue box.) If you would like to apply Dfine 2 to a separate layer or selectively, please check to make sure your application supports the Nik Selective Tool and that you are not working in a limited functionality mode, such as Quick Fix mode of Adobe Photoshop Elements (Note: I don't have Elements installed.) I do not get any other screens such as one that would show the Dfine options. If I'm working with a flattened jpeg or converted tiff with no further layers or post-processing, wouldn't that image be the active layer? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Yesterday, after reading in a post on the Affinity page in Facebook that Google Nik plugins were fully compatible, I installed them using the the video link (  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwp2lbCKzU ) you provided and it all appeared to go smoothly. The video provided very straightforward directions that I believe I faithfully followed. Analog Efex Pro2, Color Efex Pro 4 and Silver Efex Pro 2 launch and work perfect. Dfine 2 and the others present me with an error dialogue box. I hope to be able to attach both small screen captures so perhaps you or someone else can help explain why some plugins work and others don't.  I couldn't figure out how to attach screen grabs but the text of one comprises my first post made yesterday at 9:57 a.m.  Both are shown in a similar post to the Affinity Facebook page.

I'm sorry for the delay in reply SwampFox.

I'm guessing that we are not accommodating the Nik Selective Tools which these plug ins need to work I'll get this logged so we can look at sorting this

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thank you for your response.  I realize Affinity Photo is still very early in its development and still has growing pains so I will work on being patient while the development engineers get more things, like plugin issues, sorted out.  I truly believe Affinity Photo will eventually have all the tools/controls in place to allow me to ditch Adobe Photoshop.  What a wonderful day that will be.

I'm guessing that we are not accommodating the Nik Selective Tools which these plug ins need to work I'll get this logged so we can look at sorting this

Chris, any news regarding this topic? NIK Dfine and VIveza are still not working.... Thanks!

So today, finally, I followed the U-tube instructions for installing the Nik collections and lo and behold, they all show up in the menu as they should. However, when I open them up, no picture shows up in the plugin window and every thing is totally non responsive except for the red close button. 

Model Name: iMac
  Model Identifier: iMac15,1
  Processor Name: Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed: 4 GHz
  Number of Processors: 1
  Total Number of Cores: 4
  L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
  L3 Cache: 8 MB
  Memory: 32 GB

Hi there. Has there been any progress on getting the Nik Selective Tools working? I'm able to use Analog Efex Pro 2, Colour Efex Pro 2 and Silver Efex Pro 2, but Dfine, Sharpener and Viveza are still displaying the "<plugin name> was not able to apply the filter’s effect to a separate layer.... error message.

Having said that, I'm still delighted to have an application like Affinity Photo which has allowed me to dump Adobe once and for all. Keep up the good work guys.

Col