You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when working with pixel layer

Kerri Lisa

Hi,

I am creating a repeat pattern with pixel layers and when I try to edit a group that is misaligned it crashes. I try duplicating the project to make my edits and when I try to export it also crashes on me. Sometimes it will crash before I can make any edits on the original or duplicate. This only crashes when working with pixel layers. See video.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gabe,

the video is me trying to open the newest duplicate of my original project. Two duplicates crash upon opening. I can only open my original. Then it crashes once I start editing my pixel layers as symbols. See video. I have an iPad Air 3rd generation. 

Edited by Kerri Lisa
Video did not play.

• Staff

I'm afraid we don't have a workaround or an ETA at the moment. Sorry. 

Size-wise, it depends what you do with your designs. You should not be working with sizes larger than you need. That artwork would actually print at 2.1meters by 1.4 meters at 300DPI... 

I also suggest you not to work in points unless you need to. I suggest either Pixels or Physical units. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

I'm afraid we don't have a workaround or an ETA at the moment. Sorry. 

Size-wise, it depends what you do with your designs. You should not be working with sizes larger than you need. That artwork would actually print at 2.1meters by 1.4 meters at 300DPI... 

I also suggest you not to work in points unless you need to. I suggest either Pixels or Physical units. 

Thank you Gabe! I will try smaller documents and using px. :)