You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD HSL adjustment layer in AFF Photo

Hi! I just recently purchased AFF Photo & am using the Windows version. My question is I'm editing a PSD mockup with smart objects & works great with adding designs to pixel layers however I can't get the colors to change on the objects that are HSL adjustment layers. When I double click it brings up the HSL wheel however no matter what I do I can't get the color to change. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm working on. You'll see I've selected the lamp shade I'm trying to change color on.

Thanks for any help in advance!

serifscreen.jpg

• Staff

Hi Cinbns,

Welcome to the forums,

If possible could you provide the file in question? If this is a template you have paid for please could you send me a private message regarding this?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Take the HSL adjustment layer out of the smart object group and it will work, intact just ungroup the Smart Object group.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 minutes ago, Callum said:

Please could you try re uploading the file?

8 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Take the HSL adjustment layer out of the smart object group and it will work, intact just ungroup the Smart Object group.

I've tried that before & then again just now, still not working for me.  Am I doing something wrong on the HSL wheel maybe? When I pick a color and/or move the nodes around the wheel I get no changes.

6 minutes ago, haakoo said:

The objects are there in another form under the objects_id group>make objects visible >ctrl+click the thumbnail now you can edit  the selection or duplicate(ctrl+j)

Ok, I've done that & it's showing with the "selection dashes" all around it however it won't "fill".

28 minutes ago, haakoo said:

The objects are there in another form under the objects_id group>make objects visible >ctrl+click the thumbnail now you can edit  the selection or duplicate(ctrl+j)

Thanks for your help! I just found an easier way!

16 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Care to share?
For users that may find such an issue in the future

Basically almost identical to the way you explained but I found that you don't have to find the object under "object ID's". As long as they are not grouped, I just ctrl+click on the thumbnail under the actual "smart objects" & I'm able to use the "fill" tool.

13 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Aha,just as far as I had come :)
Maybe duplicate the group>select an object by ctrl+click thumb>fill with color and use a blend(average seems most appropriate)  to make the underlying image shine through

I will give that a try, as of now I'm having to lower the opacity to allow the image to shine through.

Thanks again!