You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

colour shift when opening Nikon .nef RAW files

When I open .nef RAW files from my Nikon D7000, there is a distinct colour shift. This does not happen when opening .cr2 RAW files from my Canon G15. I read about this also in a review of the Beta version, but hoped it would have been corrected by now. The same thing happens with OnOne Perfect Photo Suite, but I have not seen it in several other apps I use. Is there a setting to display the RAW file accurately? 

• Staff

Hi Stray Feathers,

Have you tried turning off the Assistant in the Develop Persona?, click View > Assistant Manager and uncheck Enable Assistant. This applies a tone curve and exposure changes when opening a RAW file.

If you continue to notice a colour shift let me know, I'll get some sample Nikon D7000 RAW files and do some testing.

Hi Stray Feathers,

Have you tried turning off the Assistant in the Develop Persona?, click View > Assistant Manager and uncheck Enable Assistant. This applies a tone curve and exposure changes when opening a RAW file.

If you continue to notice a colour shift let me know, I'll get some sample Nikon D7000 RAW files and do some testing.

Hi Lee,

Is there a way to keep the tone curve off even off the application is closed and opened again?

Hi, new user here. Played a bit with the beta but stopped because the RAW conversion was really out of whack with my camera (D750). But I liked the software overall and bought it when it came out.

Glad to report that RAW conversion is much improved. But still in many cases a good bit different than the camera version. I tried turning off the assistant above and got something equivalent to the Flat profile in my camera - it's even farther away from the original. Is there a way to edit the curve applied by the assistant?