You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 523 - Still losing full scroll ability...and holiday kudos

Really enjoying the Affinity set, composing Christmas letters with illustrations, using Beta Publisher, Design, Photo to so easily make images just what you want, correct tilted scans and appropriately mask them, etc.. The 'newsletter' resulting is great each time. So, thank you very much for the work you put into this whole package, and how it works. Truly appreciated, and since Apple once 'invented' Publish-Subscribe as one of the many early attempts at this. Yours...works!

Now, this bug is something I noticed a while back, and just ran into again on these letters. I''d been working a while, and suddenly the page view offset itself from scroll control.

• the viewed pages slid down a little more than half a page
  • thus you had a grey void at the top
  • and couldn't scroll to see the bottom of the last page
  • neither trackpad or window thumb scrolling would work
  • I tried a number of things to shock it back to sensible; none worked
  • exiting Publisher and restarting, the file was fine, and proper scrolling on was recovered

I am really sorry not to be able to tell you what set this off. It's happened before on a much shorter session.

And, I didn't get a screenshot either. But you can readily imagine, I suspect.

Best in the holiday season, and remembering some consulting years and travels, in Northern England,
Clive

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

and couldn't scroll to see the bottom of the last page

Let me know if you see this again, or can trigger it. This could be an issue but was fixed in the latest beta. The trigger before was switching between Master and a normal page view

Thanks for the holiday wishes, all back to normal now!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

In truth, I'm wondering about it, as haven't seen this again for a while, and also note that you can _always_ scroll into a blank area above the first page. 

Do you guys intend that for some reason?

I'll keep watching, exercise endpoint scrolls when I think about it.

Thanks, Jon.

• Staff

You can scroll into a blank area below the bottom page too unless i'm misunderstanding. We do this so people can place items off the page and use the pasteboard if required

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

15 hours ago, Jon P said:

You can scroll into a blank area below the bottom page too unless i'm misunderstanding. We do this so people can place items off the page and use the pasteboard if required

Ok, that makes sense, for placing items off-page, and I just checked that it works on the bottom also --  yes, it does. 

My original point was the reverse -- I couldn't scroll to see more than half of the last page. Again, though, I haven't seen that repeat, and it could as always have been some display driver etc. issue, though the laptop is very up-to-date, and doesn't otherwise show things like this.

I'll keep an eye out, but we can consider this closed unless seen again, seems wise.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.