You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Artboard, Content Invisible

So I feel like this is a setting somewhere, but I've lost track as to where I would locate it, and the research I've done in the last half hour hasn't helped me find it.

So I have a document that, when I move objects off of the layout in Publisher and onto the artboard, they become invisible. They are still there, I just can't see them. However, in other documents, the objects on the artboard ARE visible. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to make the objects in the first document have objects visible on the artboard, but I REALLY need to be able to move object off of the layout and onto the artboard.

Help me Affinity Forum; you're my only hope!

By the way, "artboard" has a specific meaning in Affinity, and that area outside the page is more often called, I think, the workspace or the pasteboard. Artboards are most commonly used in Designer (basic info here) though documents used in Publisher and Photo can also contain them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, stutes said:

Nevermind... just stumbled upon it. I had "clip to canvas" toggled on the first document.

And where did you find "clip to canvas"?

I have the same issue and help searches were not helpful.

Thanks

Mac Mini - M2

1 hour ago, podge said:

And where did you find "clip to canvas"?

I have the same issue and help searches were not helpful.

View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas in Publisher and Designer.

Designer Help

Publisher Help

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thank you.

I don't want to seem too critical of the help. I just wanted to explain that I did check help before asking here. Searching for clip, canvas, pasteboard, workspace, etc. gave no useful info. View is the key.

I would expect Serif to see work on the software as higher priority than updating the help. Meanwhile, we're fortunate that people like you can help us newbies out.

Mac Mini - M2

You're welcome, podge.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...

Podge, one more tip: you mentioned that you checked help before asking, and not sure if you meant the help files, or the forum, or what... and here is one other option...
In the Help menu of each app, the first option is Search. You can go here to find what you are looking for as well... and, if what you are looking for happens to be part of the menu of options, it will actually show you where to find it in the menu as you type your search. So, for example, in Publisher if you went to Help > Search and typed "Clip to Canvas" it would show you where it is buried in the menu, and in turn if it has a keyboard shortcut or not. At least, this is how the apps work on Macs (not sure what it is like on Windows).