You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Controlling Specific Colors

You can adjust saturation (as well as Hue and Luminance) for the entire photo, but also for individual colors (Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Magenta) with the HSL Adjustment. You can also choose one of the color ranges and click the "Picker" button, then choose a color directly from your photo; you can change hue, saturation, and luminosity for that specific color as well.

In the picture below, I've clicked on the Reds color range. Any changes made to Hue, Saturation, and Luminosity will only affect that color range.

You can also use the Split Toning adjustment to add color to shadows and/or highlights. Alternately, use the Selective Color adjustment to modify specific colors, or to modify the color quality of the Whites, Neutrals, and/or Blacks.

1093872844_hsladjustment.thumb.jpeg.4d7adeab2a30794ef36b505343b503e6.jpeg

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

1] On YouTube, search for “Affinity Revolution.” Ezra Anderson and his wife do a lot of free tutorials, including some beginner videos.

2] Also onYouTube, look for InAffinity. It’s a channel from Dave Straker (dmstraker on this forum). Loads of good stuff in 4-8 minute chunks. Sometimes a little nerdy, but really good info. Also free.

3] Simon Foster’s courses on Udemy.com are well-regarded. Most of them are not free, but there is a beginner series that is free.

4] Prior to version 1.7, Serif had well over 100 video tutorials that they deprecated and replaced with the current ones. I think they are still available online, but I’m not sure where. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

5) Many (perhaps most) of the online Photoshop tutorials can be duplicated in Affinity Photo, with a few notable exceptions (like “smart objects”).

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

All the legacy Photo videos (pre version 1.7) are here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10119-legacy-official-affinity-photo-desktop-video-tutorials/

See > Split Toning and Selective Colour   https://player.vimeo.com/video/136106053

(Each time I try to paste these links into this post I get an error message for some reason.  But the above links do work if you copy and paste them into your browser.)

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10