You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.0.526] Expand Stroke with Multiple Strokes

Posting this here as the Expand Strokes feature is receiving some attention in the current beta - but this issue also exists in 1.7.x

1. Create a line, and use the Appearances panel to add a couple of extra strokes.
  2. Now Expand Stroke.

1523857564_AffinityExpandMultipleStrokes.gif.e5a96ad2d56c8aba249983276ed5040a.gif

Result: Only the currently selected stroke in the Appearance panel s is expanded, but it retains 3 strokes with zero width and no colour.

Expected: All 3 strokes expanded, each taking the fill colour from the relevant stroke.

PS - Thanks for the dramatic improvement to Expand Stroke accuracy!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

33 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

PS - Thanks for the dramatic improvement to Expand Stroke accuracy!

I, too, did some testing of the 'new and improved' Expand Stroke feature and this seems to be a very big improvement. Congratulations! I am sure some of the glitches (see above @Aammppaa's post) can be ironed out.

Here are some of my test results (please note: under each of the blue objects there is an original unexpanded object in bright orange colour. Nowhere you see any of it bleed throug).

expand-stroke-cirle.thumb.png.389d2da4a8b7ba34757ab94d992c810f.png

expand-stroke-line-with-arrowhead.thumb.png.871f3b0e279339cb9d0d2d7d026c13ed.png

expand-stroke-cogwheel.thumb.png.a949f91ff9604a9f84f175441cf8b68b.png

expand-stroke-letter-E.thumb.png.5b7ba3691f6f6363a797329e05b59e7c.png

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I note that this behaviour is improved (though not yet fixed) in beta 1.8.532

Expand Stroke will now respect the particular stroke selected in the Appearance panel. :)

But it still only creates one expanded stroke, rather than one per stroke. :(

And still leaves redundant strokes upon expansion. :(

Fingers crossed for the next beta I guess :)

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Crash when expanding more than one 'multiple stroke' object" (REF: AFD-3892) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1971".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.