You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OCIO not working in iPad Pro

• Staff

Hi JesusSheep :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - we've seen file association issues previously with files on the Cloud, could you please try moving this file to your local storage, or another cloud service and try importing the file again for me?

Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
14 hours ago, JesusSheep said:

When un zipped becomes a folder when renamed a folder.

My apologies, I'm not certain what you mean by this. Could you please provide a copy of the zipped folder you're extracting?

14 hours ago, JesusSheep said:

Do I need to zip and rename as OCIO?

The folder needs to be unzipped in order for Affinity to use the file, and the profile should already be a .OCIO - you shouldn't need to rename the file.

I recommend checking out the following tutorial on OCIO setup - https://player.vimeo.com/video/221401570/

You've also said the following in an email to us:

You thought of adding support to directly import luts as a adjustment like in photoshop?

You can already do this in Affinity using the LUT Adjustment, simply open the Adjustment Studio and select LUT from the list, then you can import your own LUT files using the Context Toolbar options at the bottom of your document.

I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

You shouldn't need to add any extension to any file, provided you've downloaded a compatible OCIO file.

Could you please provide me with a copy of the zipped folder before extraction? I will be unable to assist further without this.

Please note -

Many thanks!

3 minutes ago, JesusSheep said:

You there Dan?

Possibly yes, but there's a good chance no:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

My apologies for the delayed response @JesusSheep, as we have been closed over the holiday period.

As per the Photo help file - 

6P2lfdlQ.jpeg

You need to extract the contents of 'imageworks-OpenColorIO-Configs-v1.0_r2-8-g0bb079c.zip' to your Mac, then upload the 'aces_1.0.3' folder to iCloud. Once uploaded to iCloud, add the .ocio extension to the folder to change the folder to a package. Now you can navigate to this package on your iPad and set this for OCIO use in Affinity. Please note, you must use iCloud for this, as other cloud services do not change the folder to a package file type, which is required.

I hope this clears things up :) 

EDIT - 

I'd also like to point out the following was incorrect information, as I wasn't aware of the filetype change required to convert the folder to a package, my apologies for this!

On 12/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, Dan C said:

You shouldn't need to add any extension to any file, provided you've downloaded a compatible OCIO file.

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2020 at 3:11 AM, Dan C said:

You need to extract the contents of 'imageworks-OpenColorIO-Configs-v1.0_r2-8-g0bb079c.zip' to your Mac, then upload the 'aces_1.0.3' folder to iCloud. Once uploaded to iCloud, add the .ocio extension to the folder to change the folder to a package. Now you can navigate to this package on your iPad and set this for OCIO use in Affinity. Please note, you must use iCloud for this, as other cloud services do not change the folder to a package file type, which is required.

I hope this clears things up :) 

Hi Dan, I realise this is a very old post but I was following another post re issues loading icio packages and found that I can simply download the sample icio from imageworks, unzip on my iPad and using Documents app rename the folder extension to .icio then load it into Photo colour prefs. I had no need for desktop or iCloud as everything was done on the iPad. I have all the functionality provided by the icio config package.

The help file (1.10.3) still refers to iCloud and desktop as requirements and unless I’m mistaken (highly possible), may need to be updated as these now appear unnecessary? 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know, it certainly seems like Documents by Readdle is a bit of a lifesaver for iOS at times!

I'll be sure to inform our documentation team of this, to request an update to the help file for clarification :)

Please note -

Many thanks!