You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.0.526] New "Expand Stroke" little glitches

Hi there!

First of all, I'm happy with the great news that the Expand Stroke has been vastly improved. Thanks, @MattP. Your efforts have resulted in great results.

Now, I was doing some testing. I noticed this, in tiny sizes:

• Do straight lines with the Pen Tool
  • Use the Corner Tool to round the pointy edges
  • Use Round Caps for your line
  • Turns out something like this (the ywllow line is the original figure):

image.png.3b4500387c990c240be27f6d501e9b81.png

• Expand Stroke (right side figure)
  • Rounded Caps are lost

image.png.1e91405b875bb7d76ea12e831fe6ba9f.png

Another thing I noticed is that Arrowheads are Expanded as separated Objects. I don't know if that's intentional, but one would suspect it to be a single shape after Expansion:

image.png.6b7611a9c743f7a68f48c1a35ba5bad0.png

Same excercise but with dotted line. Notice how each little sausage kees the rounded ends (this still has the Corner Tool step applied):

image.png.4845a6f79534c9cfe4d49febf289503a.png

Best regards!

Best regards!

• Staff

Hi Mitherion,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the file used to expand please (prior to the expansion)? I've tried reproducing with a very similar line, but it works for me!

Regarding the arrowheads this is something that I reported, but has been marked as By Design. It's intended to allow you to edit the arrowhead or curve separately, however if you do want it joined, then an Add operation should work!

25 minutes ago, haakoo said:

To me the curved caps remained
And to me the arrows separating from the line is a welcomed feature as you can "add" it yourself afterwards

I thought that as well, because you have more control, It’s just that it was unexpected.

25 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Would you be able to attach a copy of the file used to expand please (prior to the expansion)? I've tried reproducing with a very similar line, but it works for me!

Ah, I’m out of home, and I will come back late, but I will do a new test (forgot to attach it the first time, sorry).

9 minutes ago, haakoo said:

@Mithferion did you reset and restart the beta?
First I had some glitches,typed out a bug report,to find after restarting the program, it worked like it should.

No, I didn’t, but I will verify that when I’m back.

Thanks to both of you. :)

Best regards!

23 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi!

I made another test and it still happens. Notice that there are two initial curves, with differente dimensions: 1 px and 2 px. They both had different results:

NOTE: The selected object on the Screenshot shows the original width of the stroke. On the left side, I changed the width to create the smaller object on the bottom left part.

image.png.f3803362f11c1fee90c39904471bb29f.png

Best regards!

Expand Test.afdesign

• Staff
On 12/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, Mithferion said:

Hi!

I made another test and it still happens. Notice that there are two initial curves, with differente dimensions: 1 px and 2 px. They both had different results:

NOTE: The selected object on the Screenshot shows the original width of the stroke. On the left side, I changed the width to create the smaller object on the bottom left part.

image.png.f3803362f11c1fee90c39904471bb29f.png

Best regards!

Expand Test.afdesign

It's probably just something I've missed with regards to the 'Scale with Object' setting on the Stroke? Perhaps?

18 hours ago, MattP said:

It's probably just something I've missed with regards to the 'Scale with Object' setting on the Stroke? Perhaps?

"Scale with Object" was not used in my testings. This is how the lines initially looked like (I changed the Stroke wisth manually):

image.png.bd32898638e89ddfda6a64de74b24c49.png

Best regards!

Expand Test 2.afdesign

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.