You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Question on text border

Hi,

In the attached image one can see that the text has some kind of outline/border in black where the text itself is green.
The black color comes from the background color and the green one is the text font color.

I just want to know:

1. Does the text per default has some kind of border/outline inside Affinity Photo?
2. Can I adjust the thickness of the border?
3. How can I get rid of this border?

Thanks...

Screenshot 2019-12-19 um 12.06.41.jpg

Or with text selected have a look at the Character panel. From the very beginning there is no stroke around the text. But Affinity applications normally remember the last formatting. But there is / can be a button in the toolbar where you can revert to defaults.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi,

thanks for reply, but I never used any kind of stroke/outline for text so Affinity cannot remember this.
If I use P to open the pen settings It shows a white rectangle with a red line in it - this means there is no stroke applied.
But eventhough the text shows this kind of border - this is weird.

May you can play yourself with the text. Just create some text (size around 48pt to make it clearly visible) and choose a font color from the settings bar at the top of AP.
Then go to the right where the front and back color and colorpicker resides and choose a different color for the background.
Then you will see there is this kind of border/outline even if stroke (under Pen settings (P)) is disabled.

But there is / can be a button in the toolbar where you can revert to defaults.

I cannot find this button :-(

It's maybe easier to attach that APhoto sample file here, so people can inspect that and then probably tell you better where the border might stem from. Otherwise everything else is just guessing or plain speculation.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

22 minutes ago, mr.burns said:

Then go to the right where the front and back color and colorpicker resides and choose a different color for the background.

This is where the stroke colour is coming from, the "background" is actually the stroke colour, if no colour is needed for a stroke, click the "background" colour well and then click the small white circle with the red line, this will clear the stroke. If you need to keep the stroke and adjust the line weight then while you have the text layer selected choose the pen tool, in the attached screen shot the line weight is as 0.9pt, click this then adjust the width

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 13.27.47.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 13.20.38.png

Hi,

there is no style applied to the text. And using the 'default' buttons made no difference.
I recorded a screencast where I created a simple text and just by modifying the foreground color / background color the outline gets visible.
If I set the foreground color (fill color) to 'no color' (which means I selected the small white circle with the red line in it) the issue gets clearly visible.

Just take a look here:

Screencast