PatrickM

Impossible to use the mouse just after having used the digital pen

Hi,

I'm experiencing weird behaviour with the last beta. Once I've used the pen, I can't do anything with the mouse and/or the keybord like resizing a vector shape or panning the image.

When it happened, I had to take back the pen, resize the shape or pan and then the mouse could do the task.

Patrick

[Edit : title changed since the problem is wider than vector shapes]

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (ver. 1909) - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Pentool or a drawing/tablet pen?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

28 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Pentool or a drawing/tablet pen?

A rather old Wacom Intuos4 tablet and the associated pen.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (ver. 1909) - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Maybe this would help;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

3 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Maybe this would help;

Thanks but no. I had this problem too with the previous beta.

On 12/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, PatrickM said:

Thanks but no. I had this problem too with the previous beta.

I noticed similar behaviour too. I hoped it would be fixed in the latest beta together with other tablet issues but it still happens from time to time.

Unfortunately I have not verified a reliable scenario how to invoke it yet. Today I noticed it after I copied a part from other image (i.e. it was not vector). I wanted to use mouse for a change to resize it but it was impossible. I had to resize it a little bit with the tablet first and then the mouse started to work too.

9 hours ago, Gunny said:

I noticed similar behaviour too.  .... I had to resize it a little bit with the tablet first and then the mouse started to work too.

Precisely, yes. It does not prevent from testing the app, though... just annoying so far.

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

We've discovered a problem that occurs after pressing the ALT key (subsequent mouse input is lost). Is this what you're seeing?

I use (left) Alt a lot with brush tool to pick a colour so it seemed like a promising theory but I can't make it happen. I have just pressed Alt several times and I still can use mouse to move and resize layers. Are there any other steps needed to cause the problem?

Last time I noticed it after I had used Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V from one document to another but have just I repeated this scenario several times and mouse is still working fine.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

We've discovered a problem that occurs after pressing the ALT key (subsequent mouse input is lost). Is this what you're seeing?

Does that also relate to alt+R click+L click not functioning with tablets? The only command that does not work with my CInitiq 13" HD right now is this one for some reason.

Another occurrence... This time I noticed that the mouse cursor turned to "hand" so it made sense that mouse did not work the way I expected. When I switched to my tablet  and pen the cursor immediately changed according to the current tool settings which was Move tool.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:55 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Mark, I use a WACOM CTH460 Bamboo Touch. Pen button 1 is ALT and I find my mousepad and buttons do not work after using it... Current BETA.

Paul