You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8x request: support for editing additional XMP metadata fields

Hi, running 1.8x, the metadata panel and implementation are great so far!  The support for editing basic IPTC/XMP fields, and reading/writing IPTC/XMP data written by other programs even if editing in AP is not supported, is great. 

I'd like to request adding support for editing additional XMP/IPTC metadata fields, which are not currently editable in Metadata panel.  To give one example, I use the IPTC/XMP subject code field, using the controlled vocabulary of numeric subject codes found on the IPTC server (http://show.newscodes.org/index.html?newscodes=medtop&lang=en-GB&startTo=Show).  This field is currently not editable in AP 1.8.  Requesting that the AP dev team review a few of the competing products, and add editing support for some more of the commonly used fields.  

To give an idea and generate discussion about the available meta fields, I've attached a .gif screen recording show a set of meta fields in another editor, and how they're arranged.

MIrIqVfljJ.gif

• Staff

Hey timlt,

This is already on the radar and small incremental improvements will be added over time. 

I'm not too sure what you mean by the below comment—could you please clarify?
'The support for editing basic IPTC/XMP fields, and reading/writing IPTC/XMP data written by other programs even if editing in AP is not supported, is great.'

Hey @Chris B

What I meant by that statement is that, when I've added IPTC metadata in another program (such as Adobe Bridge, or Exiftool) for an attribute that AP 1.8 does not yet allow editing for (such as XMP subject code), AP 1.8 does not overwrite or destroy that data.  It just passes it through and leaves it in the file.  Which is exactly what should happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.