You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

The attached file shows a recurring problem, which is:

I was tracing over an image and so set the opacity low so that I could see what I was tracing over. When I had finished, I removed the opacity on the slider so that it was 100%, but nothing happened, the opacity remained.

Copying and pasting to the same and a new document did not work, neither did opening it on another machine - both Windows and Mac.

There is no gradient or transparency set, all opacity sliders are set to 100% and no matter what colour I select, going from transparent to deepest black, the opacity remains.

The only solution was to retrace at 100%, which I did.

Any ideas?

Opacity.afdesign

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Martigny, likewise I do the same for tracing a lot of items and have never run into this.  I don't see any cause for this in the drawing but I do see the transparency issue.  I tried creating other shapes in your drawing using the same technique and they came out fine.  I also found that doing a Paste Style from one of these layers caused the new layer to have the same issue.  I did find that doing a Paste Style from a non-affected layer to the affected layer fixed the issue.  Easier than redrawing maybe.  Sorry maybe someone else will have better luck.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

21 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Make Panel Layer Effects visible, click on the element(s) and change Fill Opacity back to 100%.

Thank you Joachim ... not sure how that happened or while the opacity can be set from the effects panel. All sorted now though.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

20 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

Martigny, likewise I do the same for tracing a lot of items and have never run into this.  I don't see any cause for this in the drawing but I do see the transparency issue.  I tried creating other shapes in your drawing using the same technique and they came out fine.  I also found that doing a Paste Style from one of these layers caused the new layer to have the same issue.  I did find that doing a Paste Style from a non-affected layer to the affected layer fixed the issue.  Easier than redrawing maybe.  Sorry maybe someone else will have better luck.

Thanks for looking at the problem Gear maker - and for your reply.