You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing the status of one (duplicated) AF file to embedded corrupts document

Bug: Changing the status of one (duplicated) file to embedded corrupts document

In Publisher...

File > New

File > Place any APhoto file

File > Place the same APhoto file again (or simply duplicate the file)

in Document > Resource Manager change one instance of the APhoto file to embedded

Save and close the document

The document is now corrupted and unable to open again - will also lock/freeze Publisher application 

No error message just a "Loading 1 document" message in top-right of the screen

Windows 8.1. Publisher Beta 1.8.0.523

(Unable to test/confirm on a MAC)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Crash embedding afphoto files) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.