You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyphenation

• 3 weeks later...

I did add Czech and Latin (I see you have Latin too) and everything works well - spellchecking as well as hyphenation. There is an issue in hyphenating Latin words with accents (which is a standard for all the liturgical texts I'm writing), but otherwise it's fine. Both Windows and Mac. But maybe there is a problem with the Slovak spellchecker/hyphenation, there are also several versions of the Czech one, I'm using the content of the current LibreOffice package.

The Czech Hunspell dictionaries (and publicly-available Hunspell dictionaries for many other languages) are licensed under GPL. https://github.com/LibreOffice/dictionaries/blob/master/cs_CZ/README_en.txt

As a software vendor, you cannot distribute GPL code together with proprietary apps. I imagine licensing is the reason why Affinity does not bundle many spelling and hyphenation dictionaries. Each of them has different licensing terms and it’s quite difficult to harmonize them. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.