You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hardware specs for running Affinity

See the recommandations ...

... though it's always and generally a good idea to also have enough CPU/GPU power, RAM and HDD memory then, not just for Affinity apps.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

A processor with some power reserves, for example for notebooks alone there are nowadays models with Dual‑Core or Quad-Core Intel Core i5, then 6‑Core Intel Core i7, or 8‑Core Intel Core i9 CPUs available with a different performance spectrum. For desktop computers there are even more advanced CPUs available. - So the whole in general also highly depends on what sort of software and tasks you will usually use and have to work with.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Use the the best you can afford, cost really is the performance limiter, the skill is getting value for money and components that work well together. You can quickly find if your 1.6 dual core will perform to your satisfaction by downloading the 10 day trial apps for Affinity from their website links are at the bottom of their respective pages. If you find the system is not performing well, it's time to make a decision.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

17 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

You can quickly find if your 1.6 dual core will perform to your satisfaction by downloading the 10 day trial apps for Affinity from their website links are at the bottom of their respective pages. If you find the system is not performing well, it's time to make a decision.

Well, not sure about this implied logic. - The whole is best done and checked/tested before buying any new hardware here, since it doesn't make much sense when new hardware has already been bought and one discovers just afterwards that the new hardware's specs (its overall power) are too low for the things one hoped to do with that.

13 hours ago, PatriotArcher said:

That makes sense but there are dual core that run at 1.6Ghz and other dual core that run at 2.8Ghz. So I guess what I'm asking is 1.6 Ghz enough or is something faster strongly recommended?

I run a Mac with 2.5 GHz and it is capable of running the three Affinity applications, but it is slow. I do realize that 'slow' is subjective but if it is a choice between 1.6 and 2.8 I would strongly recommend biting the bullet and getting 2.8 GHz. I feel you would be regretting the purchase of a 1.6 GHz machine.

It is your money you'll be spending and this is free advice (and the advice is therefore worth exactly what you paid for it).

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.