You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IDML: Deleting page leads to instant crash

Document has three pages, facing pages starting right. Deleting page 3 without problem, deleting page 1 leads to instant crash.

There is no problem deleting pages, when I change the document to non-facing pages.

Edit: Noticed by the way. When there is only one page left you are not allowed to delete this page, but the trash can indicates that you can delete this page, so the trash can should be deactivated in this case.

Edited by Joachim_L
Found something else.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (IDML - Deleting first page of facing page import crashes app) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Crashing on delete page or page1.

I can't replicate problem [see below] though someone once had similar problem when they had applied multiple masters to different pages

Pman 
Asus Vivobook 15  Intel I7 processor,  Intel Iris X graphics, Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 (64 bit),  32GB RAM.  
Affinity Designer 10.5.1342, Photo 1.10.5.1342, Publisher 1.10.5.1342 
Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.5.1342, Photo Beta  1.10.5.1342, Publisher  Beta  1.10.5.1342

Computer specs. Asus.txt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.