You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Tablet: Cursor Jumping when near edge

I seem to be having a similar bug, but it even happens when starting from a new document. The node stretching seems to happen most intensely when my cursor is close to the edge of the drawing area.

Please see video below.

[running on a surface pro 6]

Edited by bia lyssa
gave a little more detail about the bug

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi bia lyssa,

Firstly I apologise as we have appeared to have missed your first reply! The issue your video demonstrates is different to the initial post. The issue you are getting is something we have reproduced and is with development to be fixed. It happens when the pen device gets too close to the edge of the UI and causes the issues the cursor position to keep flickering causing the glitches you see.

Unfortunately there isn't currently a fix or workaround except to just avoid drawing near the edge of the screen, which I can accept isn't a great solution. I will get this bumped with development.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Microsoft Surface - Cursor jump if drawing close to the edge) of the program in the latest Windows customer beta of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The 1.8.0.526 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.