You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher on MacOS

How many computers can I install a digital product on?

Serif Software is platform specific. If you wish to use Serif Software on both Mac and Windows platforms, you must purchase a license for each.

As a private individual, you can download, install, use and run for personal use, one copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running either (depending on your purchased license) Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) or macOS (“Mac Computer”) that you personally own or control.

As a commercial enterprise, you can download, install, use and run one copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) or Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that they use, own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that you own or control.

An End User License Agreement (EULA) is offered to the user for acceptance on product installation and can be read here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

5 hours ago, Nieck said:

It is good to know Serif Software needs a license for each computer.

That is not what the license says. Please read it again more carefully, noting what it says about the difference between private & commercial enterprise use, & about the platform specific licenses.

So for example, if you are not using Publisher for any commercial purposes & you own or control a bunch of either Macs or PC's, one purchased license permits you to install & use it on every one of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to install Publisher. My macbook Air promps me with an error every time I double click the .dmg filer: The following disk images couldn't be opened - Affinity-Publisher 1.7.3 .dmg not recognized. I paid for it twice and the downloads all leave me with the not recognized error. What do I need to do? Is there a phone number to call to get someone to walk me through the installation of Affinity-Publisher?

thx

KT

7 hours ago, KTMac said:

I am trying to install Publisher. My macbook Air promps me with an error every time I double click the .dmg filer: The following disk images couldn't be opened - Affinity-Publisher 1.7.3 .dmg not recognized. I paid for it twice and the downloads all leave me with the not recognized error. What do I need to do? Is there a phone number to call to get someone to walk me through the installation of Affinity-Publisher?

thx

KT

May I ask why you paid for it twice if you will be the only user? It might be worth contacting Serif Support to see if they can help. On this page: https://store.serif.com/en-gb/help/  there are several email addresses that you can contact for purchasing / refund queries.

As to the .dmg file I'm assuming it's the Mac version you downloaded, not the Windows (don't have on Windows so not sure how that downloads, installs etc.). I would go to the "downloads" folder in your MacBook, find the Affinity .dmg file and throw it in the trash. Then re-download and try again - it could have been a corrupted download.