You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I see people mentioning they are using Imagenomics Portraiture successfully with Affinity Photo.  I have version 3 and  the preview panel is coming up with a checkerboard pattern that I can't get rid of, essentially making the plugin unusable. Please tell me if you think this is a configuration problem or a possible solution.  Thank you!

2.JPG

• Staff

During testing of Portraiture we get the same type of results, it may be down to the way Photo is passing the image data to the plugin or the way the plugin is reading the data. Our developers are working with plugin manufacturers to improve our plugin support as our apps development continues.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know this plugin, but looking at the two images, could it be the zoom? The top image is at 9% and the bottom one is 38%.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010) 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 16GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB - Asus ProArt  24" 1920 x 1200

iMac 2017 Quad-Core Intel 2.4GHz Cor i5 - 21.5'' Retina 4K - 8Gb RAM - 1TB Fusion drive - Radion Pro 560 4GB - Ventura 13.0.1

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 - i7 6700HQ - 16Mb RAM - 128Gb SSD 1Tb HD - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960M 4Gb GDDR5 RAM - 4K

Asus N56V i7 3630QM 2.40GHz; 8Mb RAM; 1Tb HD; 64 bit. Nvidia GT 650M 2Gb: 1920 x 1080 - 2nd Monitor: Asus ProArt  24": 1920 x 1200

21 hours ago, GRH said:

I don't know this plugin, but looking at the two images, could it be the zoom? The top image is at 9% and the bottom one is 38%.

sadly not that easy, I've tried every zoom and setting to no avail. Guess its a glitch on using a PS plugin on Affinity.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @mmbiker,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :) 
I've replied in your other thread. This is a known issue on macOS that's already logged to be looked at. I'm not sure the problem lies on Affinity or in the plugin itself but i've updated/bumped our report in the hope we have some feedback from the dev team.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 12:11 AM, MEB said:

Hi @mmbiker,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :) 
I've replied in your other thread. This is a known issue on macOS that's already logged to be looked at. I'm not sure the problem lies on Affinity or in the plugin itself but i've updated/bumped our report in the hope we have some feedback from the dev team.

it's little over three years and still not resolved?

what's really going on here? I thought someone would've made some progress, any progress by now?

Has anyone in Serif made contact to Imagenomics?

Is Imagenomics not willing to work with Serif?

Is Serif at max capacity, has their hands full focusing on other features, and not able to correct known glitch?

well, the introduction of Apple silicone's made Serif's work much harder, I'm sure, but neglecting a known glitch for over three years, well, even a year, could mean a sure fire hard pass for new comers.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/50701-imagenomic-portraiture-2-3-affinity-photo-161/&tab=comments#comment-642216