You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For Mac Lens Flare Studio from brainfevermedia is a decent app for all things flarey. 

Example of flareiness as seen from the cargo ship Helios III shipping the now illegal but highly prized Blue soup to the Clangers unbeknownst to the soup dragon.
739234120_Flaredtodeath.thumb.jpg.bfc4282a3aa1bbbf65c4b1f4eadb4489.jpg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

From the many filters I have, only some work and most give an error or just quits the bridgetool.
So no useful addition for me and thus not worth the money

Interesting because I've had the opposite experience with the MediaChance Bridge ... May I ask which 32 bit PS Plugins you tried to use with it?

On 4/11/2019 at 8:38 AM, haakoo said:

Thanks for this  solution and it works in AFphoto.
For the non-destructive part it doesn't work,so no redo or adjusting an already applied filter.
Better use a duplicate of the image.

When I tested the 64 bit version of Knoll Light Factory 3.2 in Affinity it actually worked on one occassion! Mostly though the plugin is launched and when you try to apply/save the effect Affinity Photo then crashes. As I understand it Red Giant are no longer developing the Light Factory plugin for Photoshop, their concentration is on video. So, in a weird way it would could make sense for Affinity to get Knoll Light Factory working inside Photo, because (a) Photo doesn't have a native lens flare effect and (b) At least they won't have to worry about updates to Knoll Light Factory breaking the integration :D

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, moovme said:

Okay, it's 2021. Where is the Lens flare filter inAffinty Photo!!!!!

There are more important fixes and additions to get out before adding more effects filters. Lens Flares can be added with lens flare overlays or plugins that have lens flare capabilities such as FilterForge. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

You can do an internet search for Lens Flare in Affinity Photo, and you'll find several tutorials, showing how this can be done. Here's one such tutorial by Olivio Sarikas on YouTube.

Lens Flare in Affinity Photo

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I appreciate there are work arounds, but there is still no specific tool to do the job and save all the messing about with worthless brushes and pixel overlays. WHY was this not added from the very beginning?? Are you deliberately not adding this in for secret reasons?? What are they please???...

• 1 year later...