You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text reflow / text wrap does not work when placed image has layers

Hi,

I'm on Publisher 1.7.3 and have the latest version of Affinity Photo, too.

Whenever I place an image in Publisher (photograph or diagram) I experienced that text reflow /text wrap did not work (which expression is right in English: reflow or wrap?).

Obviously sometimes it seems to work – but very often it did not work. Usually I had placed an image with .afphoto as file extension.  Sometimes I could fix the problem when I exported the file in Affinity Photo as a tiff file and replaced the image in Publisher.

More often text reflow worked properly in Publisher when I opened the image in Affinity Photo and reduced the layers (mostly Tonwertkorrektur in German, in English Tone Mapping????) to the background layer. This worked always.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in Photo or Publisher?

Thanks for helping

Reinhard

Hi,

some more information and files and screenshot:

632246236_Bildschirmfoto2019-12-17um12_58_41.thumb.png.4561ccd598961a75eb07117dd5c07cc6.png

The tiff (first photograph) does reflow.

The .afphoto with an adjustment layer on top does not (second photograph with opened reflow panel).

New information:

Merging the layers to the background layer seems to work. AND merging the layers to a new layer on the top seems to work (third photograph).

I attach a publisher file with filler text and three photographs I used for the screenshot above.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for helping

Reinhard

Reflow-Test.afpub

m1t2 Joharifenster 2 no layer.afphoto

m1t2 Joharifenster 2.afphoto

m1t2 Joharifenster 2.tiff

• 3 weeks later...

This needs to be fixed quickly. None of the above suggestions work for me and I'm well into working on my first major project using Publisher. I've tried several different image formats and the editing the text wrap box, without sucess. Hoping I don't need to bailout of Publisher and go back to InDesign.

Move your placed images into a picture frame and make wrap settings for the picture frame.

14 hours ago, dferber said:

I've tried several different image formats and the editing the text wrap box, without sucess.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed