You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

12 hours ago, Lagarto said:

I did some further examination...QuarkXPress (2018), on the other hand, simply just ignores the alpha channel and reads in the background...

Yeah, but .... sometimes ya just gotta know how ... This is using v. 2019 but it works the same in previous versions. (Should, anyway.)

Capture_000346.png.07070767b79ec599d27ed30914795447.png

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That's what I pointed to, firstdefence :)

I was suggesting that it is already a sub-forum for Tips & Tricks.

I'm having a seriously dopey day,  9_9 culminating in walking into a glass door lol, it was at that point I decided it was safer for everyone if I came home and be dopey here xD

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Note, at least with the tiff file in this thread, there isn't a path, there's a mask. But here's 6400% zoom in a Q-generated pdf using a version of the tiff that has transparency that doesn't depend on the original mask...

Capture_000349.png.d2d5726b87004c2cfeb68a906c91de24.png

In either ID or Q, when I receive a bitmap with a clipping path or a mask, and if I want/need actual transparency, the first thing I do is make a version that has transparency (no mask, no path). I would do the same in APub.

Neither a path nor a mask is stable in either application--like ID CC 2020 right now is losing paths and/or not even recognizing paths in files that previously worked fine and even regenerated (renaming the path in PS, etc.) may/may not work.

Q does work just fine when there is an actual path. It is less stable with alpha masks. Always has been.

4 hours ago, Lagarto said:

QXP 2018 also created an odd black fringe around the TIFF image with transparent background

Try the attached tiff in, well, anything that supports transparency. There is no need to muck around with the path/mask settings. btw, you can set Q to not have a white background as a default for picture boxes. Otherwise, set the background to None.

With pdf/x-4, any apparent fringe will appear/not appear in Reader/Acrobat, even in your pdfs. It's Adobe's rendering issue.

19-12-06_EPC_DL-T2_05a.zip

• 10 months later...

I have a problem with C4D and Corona Render.

Corona Render creates a black & white layer for alpha. It's not an alpha channel, it's a black & white layer. How can I transform this layer in a channel or in a mask ?

21 minutes ago, lenogre said:

I have a problem with C4D and Corona Render.

Corona Render creates a black & white layer for alpha. It's not an alpha channel, it's a black & white layer. How can I transform this layer in a channel or in a mask ?

right-click the B&W layer and pick Rasterise To Mask