You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.7.3 crash when i try to access the assets part

kaiz3r

Hello

Publisher crashed when i was trying to save some assets to my assets collections.
Now i cant acces anymore to my assets, as Publisher crash everytime i try to show them (it freeze and nothing happened, even after 2hours of wait)
I have an important project to export for monday evening, please let me know how i can access my assets to complete the file

bests

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\publisher\1.0\user and rename "assets.propcol" to assetsBAK.propcol . Reopen Publisher.

Does this action do not create an empty assets file? kaiz3r wants to use assets he/she/div had before. So-to-speak a repair of the assets.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, Gabe said:

Hi @kaiz3r,

Welcome to the forums. 

Try this

Close Publisher. Navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\publisher\1.0\user and rename "assets.propcol" to assetsBAK.propcol . Reopen Publisher. If it's fine, attach the renamed file so we can have a look :)

hi, this make the asset panel works again so the problem seems to be a corrupted asset.propcol file
is it possible to repair it ? we have many assets that I hope we will not loose

thanks

• Staff

We've found the issue. It's the "Grouper" asset from "Modules MP". Not entirely sure why it's causing the app to crash, but I logged it with our developers. I sent you a PM with the fixed file, which can be imported in the Assets Panel