You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 523 - New Doc window Presets

Created a preset, but when I tried to modify the preset and save it either as a new one or overwrite the modified one, get a popup that says I can't save it. Should be easy to modify existing user created presets.

The modification/change to the already saved preset was to change the margins.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 1.42.09 PM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

The bug is that the "My Presets" screen does not refresh. Click on a different Presets category and return to My Presets and there they will be.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Interesting! You are correct. I select one of my presets, make changes, then click the + button and get the Cannot Add Preset dialog. But as you said, if I then cancel, click on a different preset tab, then go back to My Presets, the new preset is there as an unnamed preset. Bug for sure.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just checking on this in the RC and it appears that there is still no way to edit an existing My Presets? I just selected one of my presets, modified the margins, clicked the TINY Add New Preset plus-mark, and it added it but never asked for a name -- added it as "unnamed". I then right-clicked to Rename the Preset, gave it the same name as the previous one, and it saved it as a new preset with the identical name. That's not good in itself, but also seems to mean that we cannot edit our presets.

Appears we are going to have to create new ones if we need/want to edit an existing preset, then delete the old ones??? 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.