You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac OS Requirement

50 minutes ago, peterpica said:

Running Sierra 10.12.6 . Stuck there because I use Adobe CS6 apps.  Publisher beta crashes when opening all the time. Not compatible with Sierra?

Does Publisher release version run ok?

image.thumb.png.e2bcc77bc84b231ee824bb275829b61b.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

2 hours ago, peterpica said:

yes... but also really strange... I reinstalled a beta version that I was using earlier this week (1.8.0.523) and it works fine (except for hanging indents when importing IDML files with same)...

It could be a bug - it is an early beta after all - try reinstalling the latest beta and perform a factory reset of it (THE BETA!). I would also factory reset build 523 before reinstalling as well. That alone should do it if there are issues with the config files. 

It is probably just a bug - fx issues with the config from beta to beta.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:10 PM, peterpica said:

Not compatible with Sierra?

For me it works. Here so far Affinity Apps did run in various versions, all APub betas included.

The only limitation which I got responded by Serif as macOS 10.12. (Sierra) related bug is the reliable crash on "Save As..." without changing the file name when using 'Separated Mode'. Also I experienced that it can avoid issues when I reboot the mac after an Affinity app install.

Could you add/upload a console crash log (as file, not text) to your first post?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, peterpica said:

Running Sierra 10.12.6 . Stuck there because I use Adobe CS6 apps.  Publisher beta crashes when opening all the time. Not compatible with Sierra?

FYI, I run CS5 apps (ID, AI, PS, Acrobat Pro, DW) and had stayed on Sierra. Eventually moved to High Sierra for about a year with no issues other than those already present in Sierra (error message on Quit). After a year, I recently upgraded to Mojave and my CS5 apps are all still working the same as far as I can tell. Roaring Apps also shows they work in Mojave. Just for your info. I also have to run a virtual machine for Sierra to run a couple older apps (like Mail Designer Pro) that don't work in High Sierra, which takes care of that issue for me. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.