You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I took a great photo of the Moon surrounded by colourful clouds , then i took a better pic of the moon on it's own , the prob with the first pic was that the moon was to bright with no detail but the second one was perfect , my question is , how do i cut the perfect pic of the moon and paste it into the first pic , looked at the tutorials but no go there , any help / advice greatly appreciated  ...thanks 

The best method probably depends on what the two photos look like.
If you can attach the two images it will probably be easier for someone to give you a good answer.
If you don’t want to attach the real images, for whatever reason, then attaching low-res versions will probably be good enough.

Ah.
I think there’s a ‘block’ on forum members not being able to attach things until they have attained a certain number of posts, but I’m not sure how many you need. This may be the problem.
Alternatively, the forum has a maximum size limit (width and height) on images at around 3000 pixels. Do your images exceed this?

I would use the Brush Selection Tool, select the moon, second photo, go to Edit copy and go to Edit Paste on first photo. You con use the Move Tool to resize the paste moon image.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

La Luna Del Cacciatore – The Hunter’s Moon

1522380761_ScreenShot2019-12-14at12_22_31.png.848782a563194034b600081fa4e8171a.png

I selected the detailed moon and erased the black,  then used the bright moon to make a selection, I slightly feathered the bright moons selection  and used it to reshape the detailed moon, the reason for that is you get an even glow around the moon because the bright moon is oddly shaped. I also changed the blend mode of the detailed moon layer to linear light to take on the glow and warmth of the bright moon. Added a bit of levels adjustment and a wolf howling ;)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, Niphotos said:

Well done Firstdefence , just a learning curve !!

Yes he provides detailed instructions.  When you search, for a replacement object, try to match the replacement, to your initial photo.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

2 hours ago, Niphotos said:

Well done Firstdefence , just a learning curve !!

The image is quite atmospheric, I've just come back and it looks like the wolf is breathing the clouds out lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

@Niphotos

The motive is suited for a black and white conversion - details are easily lost - just a proof of concept:

image.thumb.png.844d8a58769ff22f20b1cc629872914c.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

@NiphotosI would also crop it tighter:

image.thumb.png.e6dd8f75fe7584787693a351959013a4.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.