You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have done a quick search on this and I don't know if I am just not looking properly, or if I'm just not asking the question right.   I am looking to make a programme for a hockey game that will be printed on 11x17 paper and then folded in half to make a 8.5x11 booklet.  So when I use facing pages, It shows the programme will look but I always have to rearrange before sending to printer so that when they print the pages, they are correctly done so when they are all stacked and then folded in half to make the 8.5x11 booklet the pages are in sequence. 

Is there a command that does this for me? Or do we just need to rearrange before exporting pdf. 

10 hours ago, Airborne_Brad said:

Is there a command that does this for me? Or do we just need to rearrange before exporting pdf.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Airborne_Brad.

You cannot can print in Booklet format in Affinity, but you cannot export a PDF in Booklet format. If you're sending it off to someone to be printed, I think you have two choices:

1. Select Area: All Pages rather than All Spreads when creating the PDF. Your printing company should be able to do the imposition work to create the booklet you need from that format.

2. Or, print to PDF yourself, which should be possible in either Mac or Windows. In Publisher's Print dialog, in the Layout section, you should find a Model setting for Booklet format.
Edited by walt.farrell
Sorry; typo.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sorry; typo. I'll fix it @Palatino.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

As long as you export pages, rather than spreads, your printing company may be able to handle it. (But you may need a multiple of 4 pages.)

Otherwise, printing to PDF using the booklet option yourself will be needed, as far as I know.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Caradoc said:

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Do you have in mind, that the paper size needs to be bigger if you want to print with bleed and marks?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Yes, I made the paper size custom, and added 6mm on both dimensions, but the 'page image' remained in the bottom right corner of the PDF, with the 6mm on the top and left margins (rather than 3mm all around).

Edited to say the 6mm was top and left margins.

Edited by Caradoc

The paper size has to be bigger. Example: A4 = 210 x 297 mm + 3 mm bleed with crop marks -> custom paper size = 228 x 315 mm. So we need for the bleed and crop marks 18 mm added to the original paper size.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

No - I have a 32 page document laid out in page order. I want to create a booklet PDF to be sent to a printer, which includes the bleed and crop marks. I can print a PDF into booklet format, but every time I go to add the bleed and trim, it doesn't display. When I increase the page size (as advised above) to accommodate the bleed and crop marks, it pushes the spread into the bottom right corner as displayed above. It works if I set the page size to something like A3 - where the spread displays centered, but if I adjust to a smaller size (A4 Extra, or Custom size), it doesn't center the spread (again, as above).

Sorry to say, but what you want you can't do with Microsoft PDF Printer or Foxit Reader PDF Printer. For me it works only with Adobe PDF Printer. I am sure there are other PDF printers out there.

Corsairs - Help-AdobePDF.pdf

Corsairs - Help-FoxitReaderPDF.pdf

Corsairs - Help-MicrosoftPDF.pdf

------

1 minute ago, Caradoc said:

if I got Adobe can I print to it from Affinity like MS PDF Printer?

Of course, Corsairs-Help-AdobePDF.pdf was made with this printer. But I don't know if you get this printer as a standalone version. Isn't this printer not always bundled with an Adobe product? But maybe I am wrong.

------

If you're sending out to a printing company, possibly you can just give them a PDF exported using the All Pages option for the Area setting, rather than the default All Spreads. They should be able to handle the necessary page imposition from that.

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, Caradoc said:

No - I have a 32 page document laid out in page order. I want to create a booklet PDF to be sent to a printer, which includes the bleed and crop marks. I can print a PDF into booklet format, but every time I go to add the bleed and trim, it doesn't display. When I increase the page size (as advised above) to accommodate the bleed and crop marks, it pushes the spread into the bottom right corner as displayed above. It works if I set the page size to something like A3 - where the spread displays centered, but if I adjust to a smaller size (A4 Extra, or Custom size), it doesn't center the spread (again, as above).

Does the print establishment want an imposed pdf?

Export single page pdfs with bleeds, nomarks. Imposition software will take care of the saddle stitch. I always make the exported file size of full sheet plus 1/8" bleed so 8.5 x11 is 8.75 x 11.25.

Remember to extend bleeds out.

I set file up with bleed from the start.

I regularly remove marks from supplied pdfs, but it's always better to have the page the way I described, your items will be in the position you set them in, with no chance of change since only bleed is included.

Try the link below from your exported pdfs.

http://www.imposeonline.com/instructions.php

I use Qoppa pdf studio pro 2019. Works like a charm.