You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IDML Import Spreads

When importing an IDML which use facing pages or more than 2 page on a spread, Affinity Publisher is not creating individual pages and also is not applying the Master correctly. The first spread, which is a single page, will have the Left Master applied to the pasteboard. The second spread in the test file has 3 pages. Not only is the spread not divided into 3 page areas, objects from the Right Master are not applied applied to the 3 page on the spread.

spread test folder.zip

I figure the problem is that Publisher cannot deal with more than two pages in a spread. So an .idml file with three page spreads should just not open and give a warning about too many pages in a spread.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

This is something we are aware of, still a bit of discussion how to handle it. We very much don't support 3 page spreads and some other document models that it's possible to create in InDesign

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.