You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Advice please.

I have an image with a dark background and I placed it in the centre of the page, which I wanted to be the same dark colour so the edges of the image wouldn't show. I used a colour picker to check the colours were the same - but when it came back from the printers it shows as a dark background image on a slightly lighter page. Not the end of the world but annoying (I didn't get a proof this time).

Interestingly, the image background when in Publisher picks as RGB 28,26,27, so that's what I set the page to - hence the problem. But the same image in PSP 2019 picks as RGB 24,24,24. I'll know next time but -

a) does anyone know why the same colour should pick wrongly in Publisher? Surely there must be a reason for this? and -

b) am I doing anything obviously wrong? 

David

191213.jpg

It would probably have been better to cut out the image, rather than trying to match the background of the photo.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, dbrear said:

the image background when in Publisher picks as RGB 28,26,27, so that's what I set the page to

I am guessing the image is in RGB and the Document is in CMYK and that is where your problem starts. Converting the selected RGB colour to CMYK. Just a guess.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Good guess Bruce! Stupid ...

Mind you, I still can't see the difference if I set the document to RGB. I've played around with the screen settings too. 

And the colour picker still shows just the same values for the page and the image background.

D

• Staff

Hi dbrear :)

there may be a few things at play here, firstly it may be due to the colour space of the image as described above, but it may also be a transparency clipping issue.

Could you please provide a copy of your .afpub file to the following link for me so I can look into this for you? Many thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/VGXFnUVyvEbezsgopbVY

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!