You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preflight Panel

I'm super thankful that there is now a preflight panel! It's already helped me catch a few errors. Question though (and it may be that I just don't know how to use it yet):

• I have several yellow errors and a few red errors. I see how it shows me which object that is if I double click, but I'm not sure how to fix it (i.e. several images have the yellow "non-proportional scaling" error, and I don't know to fix it.)

Thank you!

• Staff

I'm glad you are finding it useful!

We hope that the description for the test would be clear - so if you click "Edit Profile" you can see what it is testing and if we can't fix it ourselves (certain tests have a fix button since we can fix it for you) you should hopefully be able to understand what it is checking and thus how to fix it manually

For the proportional scaling, if you click the image information in the context toolbar, ensure both scale numbers match eachother. It basically just wants to make sure that the aspect ratio of the image has been preserved

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thank you! That's helpful! However, when I checked the scaling numbers on one, they were already the same. When I checked it on a different one, they were different, so I changed it tp be the same. The error didn't go away though.

• Staff

Can you attach the document where the scaling numbers are the same but the error persisted? We have found a way to reproduce that but I'm not sure if you found the same error!

Also we have tooltips for the detailed explanations, so you don't need to go into Edit Profile, you can just mouseover the error/warning to get more info on it - just to clarify

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

The button should work, @thomaso. It's odd that it doesn't, for you. Perhaps View > Studio > Preflight will work?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

There is on Windows.

Since you can't get it to show at all (even from the Preflight Warning dialog) maybe you need a Ctrl reset of some kind?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Shows up in Studio on my Mac, no problem. Double check you are on beta 523????

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

31 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

maybe you need a Ctrl reset of some kind?

Yes, probably the only solution. (I also still have the custom folder with .propcol files since beta v518 asked me to define a folder path).
I hate hate speech - but also hate the lack of saving studio panel arrangement, specially in the need of beta testing. Just a nasty need. I'd appreciate that feature much more than e.g. a new "New..." window :2_grimacing:

34 minutes ago, nwhit said:

Double check you are on beta 523????

Where else would this screenshot come from?

preflight window - opens nothing.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 12/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, Jon P said:

For the proportional scaling, if you click the image information in the context toolbar, ensure both scale numbers match eachother. It basically just wants to make sure that the aspect ratio of the image has been preserved

I'm also curious about this error message. In one document, if I select either of two of the errored Picture Frame, or the graphics themselves, I'm not seeing any image information in the context toolbar. In this document, both of the graphics are eps, so not sure if that is why there is no image info along the top???

One of the errored images in this particular doc also is an eps but has no Picture Frame controls either (an issue reported in another thread, with sample files already uploaded).

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Just checked another IDML import doc. The Non-proportional Scaling error came up for a jpg, but the info in the contextual menubar shows that the scale shows as the same. I do notice that the DPI numbers do not match, so not sure how that would be. 

Note: This file and links have already been uploaded in another thread dealing with IDML import issues (no controls on Pic Frame).

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 11.38.09 AM.png

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Preflight panel missing in separated mode) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.