You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preflight: Bleed hazard warning / error with empty elements near the page border

I am really excited about the new Preflight panel. At a first glance working really fine, but ...

Create a document with bleed and create an empty picture frame or any other empty graphical element near the page border and you'll get a warning. It could be a problem if these elements were not empty. Interesting fact: An empty text frame near the border will not produce a warning / an error in the Preflight panel.

Oops, sorry wrong forum.

Edited by Joachim_L
Sorry, wrong forum.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Another observation. It seems to be, that you made Bleed Hazard depend on how much bleed the document has. Means: The document bleed is 5 mm, an element is placed 4 mm from the page border and you get a warning / error. Place it 5 mm from the border and the warning / error vanishes. I would shoot my printing studio if they would crop 4 mm off the page.

All I want to say, that this sensitivity has to be lowered to e.g. 1 mm or make an option for Bleed Hazard.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.