You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request: Resize document in Macro

In my opinion it is rather bug or oversight...

When you set a Macro having images with different sizes or proportions and you use Resize document option it does not work for each one separately but every picture will have the same document size (proportions and resolution) you set while creating macro :/ 

So you can not set a common width or change only the resolution of every picture because you will have all pictures in the same size after that. 

The only way to do it correctly is to cut the macro in this step and use Batch job (with correct W field and empty H field).

In Photoshop "marco" remembers only a field you have filled, so if you put only width value - it calculates the proportional height value on every next picture in the batch or marco process.

Regards,
Dominik

This is the issue I've been having with creating a macro for resizing for a website - it works fine for images that are exactly the same size.  I just found out about the batch option for resizing correctly. It helps but isn't the same as the way Photoshop saves an action.

If you search for  resize macro, you will get a number of threads on this topic. If you search for Resize fixed maximum, you will find my solution to the problem. 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630