You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble with Windows Freehand mode

Hello!

According to my post from yesterday, it's necessary to switch to 'Windows Freehand' mode in the Wacom settings in order to get pen pressure to work correctly.

image.png.09f6c114341245fa0250ad2bc1cd595f.png

Trouble is now:

- the circular brush tip is not displayed anymore in the Brush Tool.
I don't mean the live preview of the brush on the canvas, but the alternative mouse cursor.

- ALT-RMB to resize the brush is not working anymore! It only just picks the color. That's a show stopper!

- That stupid water rings are displayed when clicking anything in APhoto's user interface (not on the canvas however).
Tried to turn them off in the Windows pen settings dialog by unchecking "show visual effects", but no luck.

Nonsense like that, end of 2019? Are you kidding me?? This used to work.

Not amused.

20 minutes ago, Tupaia said:

Nonsense like that, end of 2019? Are you kidding me?? This used to work.

Not amused.

This is a beta, you should expect stuff to be potentially broken as we introduce new features (it says that on every beta announcement post). There are already several posts on this subject, and we've replied saying it's going to be fixed for the next beta.

Allright allright, thanks!

Since I have your attention, and it remotely suits the topic:

PLEASE think about changing windows modifier keys in a way that does NOT involve pressing left AND right mouse button at the same time. It's not ergonomic with a Wacom pen, and difficult enough with a mouse. Please. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Tupaia said:

and difficult enough with a mouse.

Especially if, like me, you have to use a non-standard type of mouse!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.