You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

different rendering on photoshop and affinity photo on the same file

Hi, I downloaded the trial version of Affinity Photo recently. I want to change to affinity photo, being currently under photoshop. I tried to open a Photoshop file under afphoto, but the rendering is not at all the same, do you know why?
psd.png.0769d756c3e81895cc3e8874ec514d8c.png

here is the initial version on photoshop

af.png.b3adfa1a78d058909b1badfc08667395.png

see the same version once open on afphoto

• Staff

Hi luciemde,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please upload a copy of your .psd file to the following link so I can investigate this for you? Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/tSU9D0l0yHPWoLNmo87X

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for your file - I believe it's a combination of your Selective Colour Adjustment layers and the Gradient Maps. Selective Colour Adjustments work slightly differently in Affinity than in Photoshop and this can cause certain files to appear differently. Equally it appears as though your Gradient Maps aren't being imported correctly, although I'm currently unsure of the reasoning for this.

I will log this file with our development team now, to help improve our PSD import for the future, many thanks :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

17 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Merci pour votre fichier - je crois que c'est une combinaison de vos couches d'ajustement sélectif des couleurs et des cartes de dégradé. Les réglages de couleur sélectifs fonctionnent légèrement différemment dans Affinity que dans Photoshop, ce qui peut entraîner l'affichage différent de certains fichiers. De même, il semble que vos cartes de dégradés ne soient pas importées correctement, bien que je ne sois actuellement pas sûr du raisonnement.

Je vais enregistrer ce fichier avec notre équipe de développement maintenant, pour aider à améliorer notre importation PSD pour l'avenir, merci beaucoup :)

D'accord vous préconisez de revoir les calques sous Affinity pour obtenir le même rendu ? Merci à vous. 

• 3 months later...

Hi to all,

do you have other informations about this problem? I have the same problem.

During processing I see different colors between Affinity Photo and Photoshop. Is there any way to see the same things? The colors of Photoshop are those of my preview of windows and I would like to work on those because more real.

I have attached 2 sample photos at your link https://www.dropbox.com/request/tSU9D0l0yHPWoLNmo87X

Thanks!

Edited by dcalore

• Staff

Hi @dcalore :)

Could you please confirm for me, when you're seeing different colours is this with any file?

If so, it's likely to be a colour profile discrepancy causing this. Are you using Windows or Mac please?

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that, please follow the instructions at the below thread as I believe this will resolve your issue :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

I am just curious, why would you work on something in Photoshop and then bring it into Affinity Photo? There will always be some issues when importing a working file from one application into another. They have done a great job but it will never be perfect. 

• Staff

As great as Affinity is, there are still features in other applications that aren't supported here, so in these cases some of our customers have to transfer files between the two.

Although certain features may not be supported in one app or the other, the colour of the document should always remain the same (provided the same colour settings are being used for the app) :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hi Dan C

🙄 the second monitor ... 😱🤦‍♀️

Now it's ok!

I' m so sorry ...

I use Affinity from 7 days ... I always used Photoshop, but the stranger things were differences between original photo (download from internet, from digital camera etc) and Affinity! 

Thanks for support!

Edited by dcalore

1 hour ago, wonderings said:

I am just curious, why would you work on something in Photoshop and then bring it into Affinity Photo? There will always be some issues when importing a working file from one application into another. They have done a great job but it will never be perfect. 

Its simple - when you try new software you are just compare. If you had *.psd you want to know how its opened in Aff. Especially when you work in Adobe for ages and got a massive archive of psd files. ;-).