You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all! I've run into a couple weird issues that may or may not be related:

1. I can't update either Designer or Photo because the App Store claims I don't own them(??). Designer is stuck at v1.6.1, and Photo is on v1.6.7.
  2. When opening a new document in Designer, the canvas will shift to the right a bit visually but not functionally. This means I have to sort of 'feel around' slightly to the left of things to do anything. This occasionally happens when opening existing documents too. I've tried restarting the app, restarting the computer, creating documents in different modes (photo, print, rgb, cmyk, and every other variable I can think of), and nothing changes.

I've included screenshots pointing out the weird offset, and a photo of the cursor needing to be slightly to the left of anything to select it.

I really appreciate you all taking a look at this and helping me brainstorm solutions. This issue is super frustrating and really slows me down. :/

Thanks you!

OffsetIssueExample.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

4 hours ago, GTaylorArt said:

I can't update either Designer or Photo because the App Store claims I don't own them(??). Designer is stuck at v1.6.1, and Photo is on v1.6.7.

When you go to the App Store are you logged in with the same name and password as the one which purchased Designer and Photo? 

Log out of your account and in again.

Can't help with the really weird thing you have with the offset, way above my understanding. Makes me wonder how the machine runs at all.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi GtaylorArt,

Welcome to the forums,

What I would do is uninstall both apps (make sure to save any brushes / swatches you use etc) then follow Old Bruce's instructions to reinstall the latest versions and see if you still get this issue.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

10 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi GtaylorArt,

Welcome to the forums,

What I would do is uninstall both apps (make sure to save any brushes / swatches you use etc) then follow Old Bruce's instructions to reinstall the latest versions and see if you still get this issue.

C

19 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

When you go to the App Store are you logged in with the same name and password as the one which purchased Designer and Photo? 

Log out of your account and in again.

Can't help with the really weird thing you have with the offset, way above my understanding. Makes me wonder how the machine runs at all.

Thank you guys for your help! I logged out of my Apple ID and logged back in only to find the only things it thinks I purchased are ABP, Numbers, and Pages! :horrified: I should clarify: Designer and Photo have updates available to download through the Apple Store, but when I go to my Purchases, they're absent.

I guess I'll have to wait until I can afford to purchase at least Designer again to try to fix any of this. On a related note: do you know if there will be a sale going on sometime in March? Dec, Jan, Feb funds are stretched tight, but I might be able to repurchase in March. :D

Edited by GTaylorArt