You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'd define the snap grid according to my needs. Then turn snapping on. Draw first horizontal line, alt-shift-drag to next grid line and then press cmd+j as often as needed. Repeat for the vertical lines. It's faster done than written down.

Though I'd also like to see a grid tool somewhere down the line, I see more important things on the roadmap.

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, Devin the Developer said:

I'm looking for a way to actually draw individual grids as part of illustrations like this

Use the VectorStyler beta plugi…, er, app, to create your grids, then simply copy & paste into Designer for further editing. The clipboard format is likely either PDF or SVG, so most vector attributes should remain intact.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:37 AM, h_d said:

Hi @Devin the Developer and welcome!

There is indeed a grid tool in Designer (and Photo and Publisher):

1495301466_Screenshot2021-04-07at20_31_38.png.61f32f08913a5011452d98ae1604d769.png

There's currently a 90-day free trial if you want to take it for a spin.

I don't think that is actally what was being asked. I think the question refers to the ability to draw a grid (table) and define number or rows and cloumns.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, h_d said:

[seven weeks ago...] Ah I misunderstood. What I posted is for layout grids.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.