You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I’m fairly new to the affinity programs but I have been using the Adobe suite for some time, and I’m struggling with a few basics… any help would be very gratefully appreciated!

Affinity Photo:

When saving images for the web in photoshop I just use save for web and devices. Is this the same as similar as using export and choosing jpg?

I can’t find any way to batch process images to crop to both landscape and portrait images so that they are all a specific height and width. Is there a way to do this? As a work around I decided to crop them all. So I set up a preset but this is now greyed out and I can’t use it anyway! I also thought maybe I could crop all of the open images and then do some sort of bulk export but I can’t find a way of doing that?

Publisher:

Does publisher somehow make you files much smaller? I opened an ai doc in Publisher which was 300MB. I made a few minor edits in Publisher and saved and I notice that it is 88MB! Is this usual?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah.

• Staff

Hi Frog Marketing,

Welcome to the forums :)

That would be similar to choosing JPG. In regards to your cropping question I don't think there is any way to automate this I'm afraid as you are using pictures of different orientations/sizes.

In regards to you Publisher question what file size did you save as?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.