You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font Issues Working between Desktop and iPad

Hey everyone. I create and edit multiple ads for print each month. When I am away from my computer, I would like to be able to work on the ads on Designer for iPad. However, I have many more fonts on my desktop than the iPad and always seem to run into issues with missing fonts. This prevents me from using the iPad like I would like to. Is there a solution to this that I have missed? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m trying to import ttf fonts into Designer for ipad. I import them using the preferences screen but when I go into my artwork to edit it the fonts aren’t on the font list for the text tool. Can I fix this? I love this app but the built in font list is very limited. 

PNG image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Another option is to use an app like iFont, it’s a bit of a clunky workaround to just being able to install fonts at a system level like you would on a computer, but it does work. Also the Creative Cloud app, even if you don’t have a CC subscription (I don’t) has a pretty decent selection of free fonts available that you can install. 

Edit: Hmm, just double checked and apparently the Adobe fonts aren’t showing up in Affinity, but the iFont installed ones are. Yet another iPadOS update that apparently didn’t make it into Affinity’s iPadOS compatibility update ¬¬