You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes on Startup (split)

Hey,

same story here. I brought the Designer first time via Micrsoft store yesterday and Windows crashes with a blue screen after starting the designer. Publisher and Photo running nornaly.

I searched for an Windows update "KB451538" and could not find it. Using an Thinkpad T480s with NVidea 3.20.1.57 driver and the game driver (won't use it for gaming) 441.20.

Regards

Frank

On 11/25/2019 at 4:27 PM, Ricardo Zea said:

And what have you tried in order to fix your problem?

Please provide some insight into the things you've tried so we know where to point you to.

Whilst I appreciate your effort in trying to help, an app purchased on the Microsoft Store should just work.

3 hours ago, Lea Anthony said:

I don't have the ability to get a refund from the store. This sucks.

This is offtopic but if you got a receipt from Microsoft you are legally entitled to a refund. Worst case scenario, you may want to give Microsoft a call.

--

Ontopic:

Whilst I appreciate your effort in trying to help, an app purchased on the Microsoft Store should just work.

Well, the same goes for any app purchased anywhere else and sometimes that's not necessarily the case.

Look at this thread ‾\_(ツ)_/‾.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you have Designer working now.

Just now, MEB said:

Hi Lea Anthony,
Are you also getting a BSD (Blue Screen of Death)? Please check this FAQ for instructions. It's most likely an issue related with a recent Window update/cldflt.sys. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks MEB. That FAQ just lists 3rd party software which I don't have installed. However, thanks for the cldflt.sys pointer! I found this thread about it. I'll try it on my desktop. For some reason it works fine on my laptop ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Please read the (rewritten) FAQ which says that Microsoft have now fixed this bug in December's Windows Patch

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon