dtpunger

No scanning in Affinity Photo 1.3.4

Affinity Photo 1.3.4 from Mac App Store. I can scan an image, but the scan will not be saved either in the app or elsewhere on my iMac.

I have an HP ScanJet G3110 scanner and have had no issues with scanning. I don't know how each scanner software for other companies work but in my case haven't had any problems. I go to Aquire Image and my scanner software pops up and scans. I have it set up so all scans go to a folder I designate. My suggestion is to go and check your scanning software and how it integrates with Affinity. If not then you can scan to your desktop and from there get the image in AP.

I work with an Epson Perfection scanner which produces usually good results. After having cleaned the user and system caches, the black-and-white and color in-app scans in Affinity Photo are okay. Yet the grayscale scans are still a bit disrupted. Though this is not perfect, I can live with that.