You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Affinity, I badly need the option to autosave - maybe a toggle icon or a prompt after a few minutes of working with a new file ("Do you want to autosave this file as you work?") which would also save history. I could then close anytime (without CMD+S) and all my edits are saved.

I realize that there is an autorecover function, which I've rarely ever used since Affinity software is quite stable. The problem, rather, is my own stupidity. I sometimes open a lot of files to edit and then decide to exit them - the software asks me "do you want to save?" and certainly I don't want to save all these files I just opened (especially if I made some test edits). More than once this week already I have closed down without saving documents that I had been working on. Really terrible, and then it happened again. I try and train myself to look before I close everything, but my reptilian brain doesn't always comply.

• 6 months later...

I second this. We've lost countless hours of work already when Affinity Photo suddenly crashes even up to this day. The autosave feature doesn't seem to work at all (it's never saved our work in any crash).

Please implement some sort of recovery file that we can control the frequency, location and settings.