You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am on Publisher 1.7.3, trying to set the spell check language to US English.

On the Character panel under Language, there is no such option, only English (United Kingdom).

I saw the below thread, but this appears to be a different issue. Could not take screenshot, as the list does not stay open, but there is a list of languages, including Norwegian and Turkish, but no US English.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

On my Mac I have my language preference set to Canadian English and I have no other languages enabled so US English doesn't show up in any of the Affinity applications.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

and I have no other languages enabled

That might be the problem - have a look at Windows' Settings / Time & Language / Language.  Of course I'm assuming you're running under Windows - I've no idea if Macs have the same language options.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

I didn't mention, I am on Mac and Mojave.

I have enabled US English for the system, but it does not have an impact on Publisher, still only shows English (United Kingdom). Which, is OK, by the way, as I would not expect the system language to define a DTP application.

So the issue is still open, no US English.

I don't use a Mac, but do you have a language specification on the General tab of your Affinity Preferences?

If so, is English (US) available there?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Thomas.
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Go to System Preferences > Keyboard section, Text tab (on top), click the Spelling dropdown on the right and select the last option Set Up.... Add/tick U.S. English  and press Done. Restart Affinity Publisher. A new English option should appear in the Language dropdown now. It has no locale/region specified - i mean it appears just as English in the list - but should work correctly: it's US English (the missing locale issue was already logged and should be fixed soon).