You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Bildrahmen Einstellungen

Hello dear Forum,

i have a real struggle with the picture frames. After drawing a frame by hand and placing an image in it, Affinity always rotates the image 90° and scales it to frame size. In the upper right corner there are the picture frame properties and you can change this, but it's really annoying that you have to do it again every time. Why doesn't Affinity save the settings for picture frames every next time?

Is it a problem with the program or is it my fault? If it's me, I hope someone can help me.

Compared to inDesign, it's much more intuitive.

Normally unusual, that Publisher rotates the image. What kind of image did you place? Indeed Affinity apps generally keep in memory the last setting values that were used. Sometimes usefull, sometimes not.

About your rotated image. Click on the picture frame and then click the button "Auf Standardwerte zurücksetzen" (the cloud with the red line) from the top toolbar. This should revert the picture frame to default settings (why the default means a gray fill do only know the developers). If you know how your picture frames should behave in future, create a picture frame with the wanted properties and click the button "Synchronisieren der Standardwerte mit der aktuellen Auswahl" (the blue cloud with the arrow).

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hey Lee D,

I've tried something around and it's probably the photos and not publishers (I guess?). I took photos with my iPhone, which are also displayed upright on my iMac. When pulled into Publisher, it always rotates them 90°.
I tested it with several pictures. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.
In the end, I was able to solve it by rotating the image 4 times (180°) in Apple Preview and then saving it. Then it worked.

(But the Problem is still there.)
Picture or Program? I don't know!

It only appears in Publisher. Not in Photo and Designer. In Photoshop and inDesign also not.

Good video, I think I know what is going wrong. The photo is taken with an iPhone X. Publisher has problems (often with smartphone photos) interpreting the orientation in a correct way. Please upload a sample file and I guess orientation is != Top left.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

Good video, I think I know what is going wrong. The photo is taken with an iPhone X. Publisher has problems (often with smartphone photos) interpreting the orientation in a correct way. Please upload a sample file and I guess orientation is != Top left.

You mean the anchor point?

3.png

2 minutes ago, VNCNT said:

Do you think that if you change something, it would fit?

Try to create a horizontal page and see whether Publisher still rotates the picture. If it doesn't then we know that it looks for longer size and rotates the picture to match that.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

1 minute ago, VNCNT said:

Since Apple probably needs an extra tool for this change

It is not an Apple problem, since images shot with various smartphones from various companies have orientation informations APublisher is not capable to "understand" properly.

------

As you see on the attached image the orientation differs from my previous image. Attached image was made with an Umidigi Z2 Pro and gets also rotated when placed in APu.

rotated.jpg

------