You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Great programs but sometimes strange

Hi, for about 5 month I am using Designer, Photo and by now. And I am really interested in making these programs as standards on my macs instead of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.

But there are some points in usability that drive me crazy. Maybe there are solutions for my problems, which I just don't know.

1. Shortcuts
After 20 years of Adobe it is really hard to lern new ones for standard procedures. Is there a way to change shortcuts to Adobe standards?

2. Saving files
What is to do to change Affinity`s way of saving files generally? For me it would be much better to make Affinity programs saving files in the folder where the document was opened from. At the moment Affinity programs safe in that folder the last file was saved. That means when I have severals documents from different folders e.g. in Designer opened I always have to change pathes when saving or I have to search because files from different projects stored in different folders are send in only one folder together wit files from different projects. It would be much easier when every file (even renamed versions of the origional file) would be saved in that folder where the origional was opened from.

3. Alt + Cmd + Space
Resizing of displayed objechts on display - In case lets say a text or a rectangle is selected in Designer and I want to change display size of that object for better editing I use ALt + Cmd + Space in combination with swiping on Apple mouse. When best size is reached I alswas have to press Space on keyboard to make Designer falling back to used tool before resizing? Wha doesn`t  Designer go back to last selected tool after removing fingers from Alt + Cmd + Space?

In hope of ideas fo better workflow I am waitingor  solutions

Greetings from Good Old Germany
Thomas

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.